Contribute to Renaissance
“…we must look at each province of culture and, keeping always firm hold on a perception of what the Indian spirit is and the Indian ideal is, see how they can work upon the present situation and possibilities in each of these provinces and lead to a new victorious creation. In such thinking it will not do to be too dogmatic. Each capable Indian mind must think it out or, better, work it out in its own light and power,… and contribute some illumination or effectuation. The spirit of the Indian renascence will take care of the rest, that power of the universal Time-Spirit which has begun to move in our midst for the creation of a new and greater India.”~ Sri Aurobindo, CWSA, 20: 52
We welcome new voices, voices that will offer a fresh insight into what is needed for a true Indian renaissance, a rebirth of her eternal spirit in new forms, new movements, new life.
We invite articles, essays, reflective pieces, thoughtful critiques, analyses, travelogues, creative writings and photo-essays.
Please consider the following before submitting your contribution for consideration:
- Ideally, your submission must be an original work, not published in any print or electronic form. However, we are open to accepting previously published writings or transcripts of talks/presentations delivered as long as they fit in with the larger guiding ideal of the journal and specific theme(s) of a particular issue.
- If you submit a previously published work, please include necessary details such as where the article or essay was first published (including a link to the online publication or blog if relevant), or where and when the talk was delivered.
- Renaissance Editorial team will review all the submissions and inform the selected authors within a period of two months from the date of submission.
- If your submission is selected for publication, you are also free to feature your article or essay on your personal blog, 15 days after it has been published on Renaissance. You must also provide the appropriate URL to the page where your article was first published on Renaissance.
- Shorter submissions may be of 1000-1500 words. Longer pieces may be of 3000 words maximum. Selected longer pieces may be published by Renaissance in two or three parts.
- Please remember to include a small ‘About the Author’ section in your submission. This will not count towards the word-count of the article; please limit the ‘About the Author’ section to 150-200 words.
- All submissions must be emailed as Word attachment to: <email@example.com>
- For any other inquiries, please write to: <firstname.lastname@example.org> with cc to <email@example.com>
Sri Aurobindo Society
Society House No. 11, St. Martin Street,
Puducherry – 605 001, India
Shri Vijay Poddar, Member Executive, Sri Aurobindo Society
Dr. Beloo Mehra, Senior Academic Mentor, AuroBharati, Sri Aurobindo Society
Editorial Board Members:
- Shri M. S. Srinivasan, Senior Associate, Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Integral Management, Sri Aurobindo Society
- Dr. Alok Pandey, Member, Research Advisory Council, Sri Aurobindo Society
- Dr. Richa Tiwari, Chair of Sri Aurobindo, Pondicherry University; Assistant Professor, Dept. of Politics and International Relations, PU
- Dr. Shaurya Brahmbhatt, Assistant Professor, Dept of English, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Vadodara
Click on the link above to find out more about our editorial team.